Sunday, August 31, 2014

Music To My Ears: 1990

Here I'm going to attempt to introduce another new element to the blog, namely that of playlist recommendations.

I often find myself trying to relive the sounds of a particular year, sometimes just for the shock feeling of 'did this really come out that long ago?!', so I've decided to begin by going back to my childhood in the early 90s. Hopefully if you have the songs and give it a go, maybe the music will take you away.

I try to aim for some diversity, but my preference has always been rock music so expect a fair amount of it!

Each year will consist of 25 selected songs, in no particular order. And let's face it, I'm bound to have a boatload of great tracks missing too!!

1990

Crazy - Seal

A Little Time - Beautiful South

Healing Hands - Elton John

Sacrifice - Elton John

Show Me Heaven - Maria McKee

She's So High - Blur

Forever - Kiss

(I Wanna Give You) Devotion - Nomad

We Die Young - Alice in Chains

Bring Your Daughter To The Slaughter - Iron Maiden

Thunderstruck - AC/DC

This Is How It Feels - Inspiral Carpets

Freedom '90 - George Michael

Infinity - Guru Josh

Step On - Happy Mondays

Lazyitis - Happy Mondays

I Go To Extremes - Billy Joel

Dub Be Good To Me - Beats International

Nothing Compares 2 U - Sinead O' Connor

Black Cat - Janet Jackson

Ride On Time - Black Box

Promise Me - Beverley Craven

Gonna Make You Sweat - C+C Music Factory

Groove is in the Heart - Deee-Lite

Fool's Gold - Stone Roses

Bit of a random mix up there, hopefully a little bit of something for everyone!!

Next time I'll crack out 1991 :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment